This is a 35 minute version of Whole Lotta Love, played live by Led Zeppelin on September 29, 1971, in Osaka, Japan.
Why would you spend 35 minutes of your time listening to one song? Good question, heretic (for who would question listening to Led Zeppelin?). The answer will astound you. Why listen to one song played for 35 minutes? Because it’s an incredible, badass, medley of songs.
- Whole Lotta Love. That’s enough right there. You’re already getting greedy.
- Boogie Chillun - A staple in live performances of this song
- Good Times Bad Times - almost never played live. You should already be on your knees weeping
- A bunch of 50’s rock and roll songs like Tossin and Turnin and Fortune Teller
- Twist and Shout. That’s right. You get to hear Led Zeppelin play Twist and Shout live.
- A couple of insanely tight riffs and jams unheard elsewhere
You have the time for this. You’re on Tumblr. It’s not like the president is gonna call you to fight super nazis. You’re not synthesizing the cure for the zombie virus. No. This, right here is what you’re doing for the next half hour. Fuck the tator tots. Let them burn.